Monday, July 28, 2008

Are you moving?

I spent some time this evening trying to shove all of our camping gear we will need on the trip into the random cardboard boxes in the garage. After much stuffing, the boxes proved to be inadequate so a run to Staples was needed. 
I arrived at Staples and was surrounded by shipping boxes- a whole aisles worth! But they all came in bundles of 3 or 5 boxes... not one box. But a little tag said that you could purchase just one, but you had to ask....
You can see where this is going... The lady in the shipping center didn't have any of the packages opened already- I had to go get one for her to open. Only to find out that she had no way of knowing how much to charge. This went on for a while. I stood up at the front, clogging up the one open register while employees ran around looking for someone else who knew what to charge me. 
While we were waiting, the lady at the register inquired, "Are you moving?" referring to my assorted stack of huge boxes.

"No. It's for my honeymoon."

It is not a quick conversation... but we had the time.

You should see all of the stuff in my kitchen right now- it is a Tetris nightmare. But I can't wait to be out there on the road and camping! :-D

No comments: